What is Nutrition Now?
Prepit’s Nutrition Now is a web app accessible via a QR code. Any device with a camera and an internet browser can use the app.
Who is it for?
- The app allows food service & food manufacturing businesses to provide clear, up-to-date, and accurate information on the allergen & nutrient status of their products to consumers.
- The app can also help with training staff in food allergen risks, management, and communication.
- By scanning a QR code, customers can instantly access a food business’s nutrition and allergen information, and quickly filter for products which accommodate their food allergies, intolerances, or other dietary requirements.
How does it work?
- The food business adds the nutrition information for their ingredients into Prepit Food Production Software.
- The business then adds their recipes/products which generates the nutrition and allergen information.
- The business can then link any number of their recipes/products to a QR code, add custom branding, and share the QR code with customers.
- Customers scan the QR code with their device to access the nutrition and allergen information of the products which are linked to the QR code.
- Customers can search for items by name or filter by categories, nutrition claims (e.g. low fat, low sugar) or allergens (e.g. milk, soy, gluten, etc.).
- When the business makes changes to their recipes/products, the information is automatically updated on the web app.
Does it cost?
Nutrition Now is free to use for customers. For food businesses, the web app is included as a part of Prepit’s Nutrition + and Premium subscriptions, starting from $13 per week.
Scan to view an example